Be trained by WA’s most respected hairdressing training college and enter the exciting industry of hairdressing with a qualification that is nationally recognised and respected.
The decision to study in another country is not one to be taken lightly, but once it has been made, it is an exciting journey and a world of opportunity opens. Australia is an incredible country to live and travel. It is a nation that is diverse in its culture and landscape and its people are friendly and relaxed. Taylorweir is purely a hairdressing and barbering training college. Because of this, you can be assured that your training will be specialised and focused. As an international student studying at Taylorweir, you will learn side by side with local apprentices. This provides you with an invaluable experience in the learning environment and an opportunity to meet and form friendships with our local hairdressing apprentices and fellow international students. Whichever country you come from; we look forward to welcoming you to our community.
To be a hairdresser you must be able to communicate with your client. For this reason, Taylorweir insists on an intermediate level of speaking and listening in English. Taylorweir will only accept students with the following minimum requirements.
If from a non-English speaking country, an English Language Test result of minimum 5.5 IELTS or equivalent in speaking and listening and a minimum overall Band of 5.5 IELTS or equivalent is required.
Taylorweir accepts the following English tests results:
- International English Testing System (IELTS) – At least 5.5 Speaking and Listening and 5 for Reading and Writing;
- Test of English as a Foreign Language internet-based test (TOEFL) – At least 16 in speaking and listening and 13 in reading and writing;
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) – At least 36 for each of the 4 test components;
- Occupational English Test (OET) – At least B for each of the 4 test components;
- Cambridge C1 Advanced test – At least 154 in each of the 4 test components.
Living and Studying in Perth
Perth is one of Australia’s, if not the world’s, best-kept secrets with an average of eight hours sunshine a day all year round making it this island continent’s sunniest city. Its temperate climate means that winters are mild, and summers are hot and dry.
Nestled in the exciting hub of Northbridge, Taylorweir is a short walk from city rail and bus stations. During the day and on weekends, Northbridge is the place to enjoy Perth’s multi-cultural diversity. By night it comes into its own as the city’s most popular entertainment district with people spilling out onto the pavements from its many cafés and bars or just milling around the theatres, libraries, art galleries and museums.
Further information is available at:
An international student requires a student visa to study an Australian Hairdressing Qualification at Taylorweir. Visit the Australian Government of Home Affairs Student Visa page for more information.
If you do not uphold your Student Visa conditions your visa may be cancelled and you may have to leave Australia. View the summary of your visa conditions.
SHB20216 Certificate II in Salon Assistant
SHB30416 Certificate III in Hairdressing
SHB50216 Diploma of Salon Management
Certificate II, Certificate III and Diploma 2 Year Package
- Check the start dates for the course you wish to attend (view calendar).
- Please contact us or come in person to Taylorweir to receive an Enrolment Application Pack.
- Complete the Enrolment Application Form and return to Taylorweir (in person, email or post). Please ensure that the information and financial documentation you provide is accurate as the Australian government will also require this information when you apply for a student visa. Please submit with your Enrolment Application Form the following attachments:
- A copy of your passport, please attach current visa if you are in Australia
- Your English Language Test result (IELTS or TOEFL) or approved ELICOS course. (English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students). Minimum of 5.5 IELTS or equivalent is required.
- Evidence of payment for your Overseas Student Health Cover
- Once the Enrolment Application Form and relevant documents have been received, a Letter of Offer and Acceptance for the relevant course/s you have applied for will be generated and given to you either in person, email, or post.
- When you receive your Letter of Offer and Acceptance, read it thoroughly and ensure that you consent to the terms and conditions of your enrolment.
- Acknowledged receipt of the ‘ESOS Framework’ by ticking the relevant box, sign, date and return the Letter of Offer and Acceptance to Taylorweir.
- Pay the required deposit for your course/s. (Payment information is located on your invoice).
- Taylorweir shall ensure that it will only receive course money from a student or education agent after or at the same time the signed Letter of Offer and Acceptance has been received
- Once the Letter of Offer and Acceptance and designated payment has been received, Taylorweir will initiate an Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (ECOE) through the PRISMS system and return a copy of the signed Letter of Offer and Acceptance and relevant ECOE to you.
The Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) legislative framework is designed to ensure that Australia’s reputation for delivering quality education services is maintained and that the interests of overseas students are protected.
The Australian Government wants international students in Australia to have a safe, enjoyable and rewarding place to study. Australia’s laws promote quality education and consumer protection for international students. These laws are known as the ESOS framework and they include the Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) Act 2000 and the National Code 2018.