USE OF PERSONAL ACCOUNTS
Taylorweir recognises that your personal social media accounts are your private property and does not require you to engage with Taylorweir online (for example by becoming a fan on Facebook, joining a group in LinkedIn, or subscribing to us on Twitter) using your personal accounts.
However, should you choose to use your personal accounts to engage with Taylorweir online, be clear that you offer your individual opinion, not the official opinion of Taylorweir.
- Think before you post. The internet has a history of thoughtless posts that user’s later regret.
- Be respectful. Taylorweir is committed to showing respect for the dignity of others and to the civil and thoughtful discussion of differing ideas. If you wish to voice a complaint or disagree with another post, please do so in a polite and constructive manner. Obscenities, personal attacks, and defamatory comments about any person, group, organisation or belief will be removed.
- Be accurate. Please check your facts before you post and ensure you use the most up to date information available. Cite – and link to – sources wherever possible. If you have made an error, correct it visibly and apologise. Posts containing factual errors may be removed or corrected.
- Be honest. Be honest about who you are. State your sources when quoting others.
- Be ethical. Ensure your posts are fair to all concerned and do not exploit others in any way.
- Don’t breach copyright. Don’t use Taylorweir logos or other official identifiers without prior permission from the Directors of Taylorweir International School of Hairdressing. Be particularly careful in regard to other people’s videos, music and photographs.
- Add value and don’t spam. Supply and share information that is relevant and of interest to the Taylorweir community. Don’t use Taylorweir sites to promote businesses, causes, ideologies or political parties. Any posts of this kind will be removed.
- Protect your privacy. Your comments are visible to all. Never include yours or others phone number, email address or other personal information in a post. Adjust the privacy settings on your social media sites to only disclose information you are happy for others to see.
- You are legally responsible for the comments you post. The inclusion of any non-Taylorweir link does not imply endorsement by Taylorweir of that website. Posts by Taylorweir site administrators will appear next to the official page icon. Any other posts or comments on the site do not necessarily reflect the opinions and positions of Taylorweir International School of Hairdressing.
- Your commitment. By posting any comments, links or other material on Taylorweir-administered websites, you give Taylorweir International School of Hairdressing your permission to reproduce, distribute, publish, display, edit, modify, create derivative works from, and otherwise use your submission for any purpose in any form and on any media.
YOU ALSO AGREE THAT YOU WILL NOT:
- Post material that infringes on the rights of any third party, including intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights.
- Post material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person or entity as determined by Taylorweir in its sole discretion.
- Post ads or solicitations of business.
- Post the same note more than once ('spam').
- Post chain letters or pyramid schemes.
- Impersonate another person.
- Allow any other person or entity to use your identification for posting comments.