How To Enrol In:
SHB20216 Certificate II in Hairdressing - Salon Assistant
SHB40216 Certificate IV in Hairdressing
SHB50216 Diploma of Salon Management
BSB50215 Diploma of Business
Accredited & Non Accredited Short Courses
- Check the start dates for the course you wish to attend in the Academic Calendar Tab.
- Download the relevant Course Registration Form or contact Rosanna on 6103 0488.
- Generate a USI number if you do not already have one @ https://www.usi.gov.au/
- Complete the Course Registration Form and forward to Taylorweir with payment.
- Taylorweir will confirm enrolment and receipt of payment within 2 working days of proof of payment.
- Call Rosanna if you wish to discuss training options, or require further information on the courses available.
Ph. 08 6103 0488
How To Enrol In:
SHB30416 Certificate III in Hairdressing Apprenticeship
SHB30516 Certificate III in Barbering Apprenticeship
- As an Australian resident, the only way you can enter the hairdressing industry in Western Australia is through the Apprenticeship pathway. This means that you must first gain employment in a hairdressing salon willing to register you with APPRENTICENTRE (W.A Department of Workplace Training and Development) as an apprentice.
- The employer will then call an Australian Apprenticeship Centre (AAC) who will generate the apprenticeship agreement.
- When signing the agreement, the AAC will ask both the employer and apprentice to nominate the Registered Training Organisation (RTO) of their choice (Taylorweir).
- The AAC forwards the contract to be registered with APPRENTICENTRE.
- The APPRENTICENTRE will notify Taylorweir that the apprentice has requested enrolment. The apprentice is then registered to undertake their off the job training at Taylorweir.
- Quite often the employer or apprentice will contact Taylorweir immediately after signing the Apprenticeship Probation document to register the apprentice. This ensures that a place is secured for the apprentice at the next available intake. It also provides an opportunity for the employer to make an early request of a specific day that best suits the salon for the apprentice to undertake their off the job training.
- If the employer has not contacted Taylorweir to register their apprentice prior to APPRENTICENTRE’s notification, Taylorweir will contact the employer to discuss and negotiate the training plan and the options for flexible delivery. The training plan must be signed by all parties (RTO, Employer and Apprentice)
- An Enrolment Pack is sent to the apprentice’s workplace one month prior to commencing at Taylorweir. The Enrolment Form will have the apprentice’s day and date of commencement.
- Contact Vanessa if you would like to enrol an apprentice.
Ph. 08 6103 0481
Certificate III in Hairdressing and Certificate III in Barbering apprenticeships are funded by the Department of Training and Workplace Development (DTWD)